Sunday, September 2, 2012

Turn of events!!!!

  So Wednesday I recieved news that I would be deployed on disaster! I left on a flight to memphis on thursday and drove down to Hattiesberg, Mississippi. Things have been really crazy right now! Yesterday my team (my disaster team) did bulk distribution yesterday in Gulfport (chaos in itself) and right now we;re waiting to drive to Wilkinson County, Mississippi to see if Red Cross relief efforts are needed there as Red Cross hasn't been in contact with the county so who knows what we'll run into.
    My phone broke (yet again, I shouldn't even own a pone anymore) but I bought a camera so at least I have a way to take pictures. I'm getting a really good experience here and already learning a lot (especially to be VERY flexible) keeping an up to date journal of this deployment so I'll be more detailed when I have more time and internet, which I'm not sure when that will be.


                                                                      Until Then,
                                                                  <3 Heather G.

No comments:

Post a Comment