Tuesday, August 1, 2017

A bit about the journey so far....

       Hi all! The last time I made any activity on this blog was in 2012 towards the end of my Americorps NCCC year. I had grown so much more after my term than I could ever imagine. I came back from that journey, sure I was ready to start college. But months passed and I realized I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life and wasn't ready to take classes with unclear goals and unfocused mind.
        In February of 2013 I took a job at Dairy Queen, worked one shift and decided I needed a major life change,one that got me out of my hometown. After a week of research into various Navy sites and pouring over Youtube videos, I made the decision to enlist into the US Navy and entered in July of 2013 (coincidentally into an Aerographer's Mate rate, which,for those unfamiliar, is a weather person).
       Fast forward 4 years, through bootcamp, A-school, two deployments incredible adventures in incredible countries and countless accomplishments (both professional and personal), I am now finished serving my contract and looking ahead to the next chapter in my life. I have grown exponentially more and do not regret one moment. There is so much that happened in the last four years, too much to write back on, I am choosing to create this blog about my current travels and life happenings (but happy to answer questions by email!).
      So what is the next chapter? Well for starters, I will be embarking on a European backpacking trip through the next few weeks and plan to be writing as much as I can about it! After that, I will be starting community college and hope to write about being a full-time student (finally) at the age of 24 and finding a new path career-wise. I'd be lying if I didn't say it's a bit (okay, more than a bit)  nerve-wracking to start a totally new journey, especially when I still don't exactly know what that journey is. But, what I do know is that there is a lot of opportunities out there and experiences to be had. So sit back, grab a steamin' hot cup of coffee, relax and follow along for these new adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment