Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Forms: Cleared!

So today I called the NCCC offices to see about the updates on my clearance forms. I was informed that my legal cleared on the 6th and my medical cleared on the 11th! I'm not surprised that they were cleared of course, but I am surprised that they were cleared so quickly. Those forms arrived in the mail over there on the 5th. I've heard that it can take months to clear those forms. I'm glad that things went smoothly though (hopefully my luck will continue into acceptances!) Now that I'm all cleared, the only thing left to do is wait. Acceptances start the first week of September i believe, and then people are periodically accepted in the following days all the way up to when training starts in the first week of February. There's three campuses opened this winter: one in Iowa, one in Maryland, and another in Mississippi. All of those places sound interesting to me, yes, even Iowa. It's always good to experience something new. If you ever decide that you want to apply for Americorps NCCC (which I definitely reccommend if community service is your thing) remember that you will have to be very patient, because you could be waiting almost a year before you even hear about getting accepted if you do get accepted. I'm hoping that since I applied to the Winter term, I'll have a better chance of getting in, but I have absolutely no idea, and I don't want to jinx anything! So right now it's just waiting, waiting, and waiting some more. And hopefully the next time I post, it'll be something good! So until then......

                                                     <3 Heather G
        

No comments:

Post a Comment