Sunday, April 1, 2012

AHHH! (Hello!)

 Hey guys! It's been awhile! I just haven't had the time to go get internet! It's definitely a go,go,go type of life! Yesterday was a pretty intense day as the team was helping with a homeless resource day. We acted as guides to lead people around to whatever services they needed for the day. It definitely puts life into a totally different perspective. Definitely good work but an exhausting day.
          On a different note, I started lindy hop classes on friday! Lindy hop is like a different version of swing dancing, but more complicated. Which is funny considering I have horrible rhythm! But it shall be fun =)
        We have two more weeks at the Loading Dock! And then its off to Rebuilding Together Baltimore for 3 weeks!  It's crazy how fast time is flying by! But at the same time, I feel like I've been over here forever, when in reality I haven't even been in americorps for 2 months yet! Ameritime flows much differently than the outside world!
        I'm at 3 minutes and 30 seconds on planks at the moment! I'm almost halfway to my goal! I look foward to showing off in front of everyone in americorps when i get to eight minutes, as the record from last year was 7 minutes and 30 seconds. I can definitely feel myself getting in better shape!
          I found out that I can actually cook! I made some really yummy stuffed bell peppers for my team (cooking for 10 people is kind of hectic!) And I am cooking again this week (but I have yet to decide what, maybe tortelllini?)
          The weekend after next we get to go do river trash pick-up! Why am I excited about that? Well, this also means we get to kayak in order to do this! Sweet!
        Anyways, I am loving it here in Baltimore and my team is cool and there's just so much to do! This time is crazy! (AH! I can't believe I'll be 19 in about a month, my goodness)
                Well that's all for now! More to come soon! Stay tuned!
  
                                                                                Until then,
                                                                             <3 Heather G

No comments:

Post a Comment