Saturday, February 18, 2012

Moose 3!

  Yesterday we got permanent teams (and I apparently got the term of 'pods' wrong either they mean that temprary teams were 'pods' or if the term 'pod' is synonymous with teams) I'm on Moose 3! My team is pretty cool though at the moment the dynamics are a little odd since six out of the ten members stayed on the same team that was before temporary team. I'm sure that'll change soon though since we will all be spending ten months together! There's also a person who's also from Sacramento so that's cool. Half the team knows how to cook for real so I'm guessing I'll be eating a lot of random weird things that i've never tried before (today one of my teamates cooked chicken that was cooked with some kind of sauce, curry with lentils and other things and eggplant, first two items were pretty good, but I still don't like eggplant =P) that'll be new since i'm so used to eating a bunch of microwaved stuff! haha
        My phone somehow got water damage and rusted so now it doesn't turn, luckily it has insurance on it so my dad is having them send out a replacement phone, but I won't get it until Friday at the earliest, I'm considering going old fashioned and try to find a watch to buy in the next couple days heh. 
    My team is in D.C for tonight and tomorrow, I couldn't go because I still have to get my TB results, which I have to go back to Deleware for on Monday morning.
    We had drug testing this morning, I never realized how hard it would be to go pee! (if that's TMI for you, well I told you this was going to be a more detailed account of this trip =P lol)
         I have my first PT on Tuesday! (I'm not sure how excited I should be for that haha) then we have our first mini-spike Tuesday-Friday at a girl scout camp in central Maryland, helping clear brush and such (I'm hoping to be able to get some girl scout cookies! haha)
     Um there's some pictures up on the Americorps Alantic Region Class XVIII facebook page so check those out if ya want to!
    I promise I'll put my mailing address up tomorrow! i keep forgetting to write it down before I come to the computer lab. I'll have 2 addresses since one will be for mailing letters and one is for sending packages.
      Well, that's all for now!  Miss and love you guys!I'll try to stay as updated as possible!
                                                                  
                                                                       Until Then,
                                                                      <3 Heather
                                                                      

                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment